Friday, July 27, 2018

Biochemestey Wk 11

  1. Biochemistry is the study of the chemicals, chemical reactions and chemical interactions that take place in living organisms.
    This definition of biochemistry resonates with me because it's focuses in on the chemistry aspect of the hybrid science.  Biology acts as a boundary within the focus of this chemistry.  Only the chemistry that takes pace inside living organisms please.  

    I was not in class for this week, but I did read the article about MD's giving their clients placebos. Personally I think that the taboo around placebo needs to be removed.  There is such a fear of mystery in western science, if it's beyond the scope of what can be explained with the modern system then it is discarded.    

    Giving antibiotics as a placebo, for example in the case of a viral infection was disappointing for me to learn.  Moving forward I hope that MD's will be much more choosey when administering such powerful medicine as antibiotics.  For me, my go to placebo is to vigorously rub any impact injury that only time will heal.  (I need a step up from a kiss making things better)

No comments:

Post a Comment