Monday, June 25, 2018

Physics wk7 - Vibrations

Are all vibrations “good”? 
The simplest answer to this question, dodges the intent of the question.  I think that it would be impossible for all vibrations to be good, because good cannot exist without it's opposite.  I believe all vibrations could be neutral.  

Resonance in my world
 
I commute using the BART train, and I will use my experience riding the BART to speak to resonance in my world.  As I occupy my seat on the train, I experience the sounds that the train makes though it's journey.  My place as an observer does not change but the sounds that I hear very quite dramatically.  If the train is going through a tunnel the wheels get very very loud and screechy.  They are not this loud no screechy when the train is moving through a portion of the trackway where it is wide and spacious.  I think that the resonance created inside the tube of the tunnel causes an amplification of the sound waves of the train in such a way that the volume is amplified as well as the frequency is higher and thereby the pitch of the train wheels gets screechier.  

Connections I can make between Energy and Qi?

I want to preference this with saying that I do not have a good grasp on Qi.  The connections I can make at this point is that both are invisible yet provide the power for observable outcomes.  Qi can be used to describe many different things just as energy can also describe many types of energy.  There is Kinetic Energy, Atomic Energy, Matter is a ton of energy condensed.  So too there is gathering qi, upright qi, defensive qi, the qi of an organ, the qi that circulates around the body as well.  I am learning that it is very important to be clear about what type of Qi one is referring to.  I think the same thing can be said of Energy.


 I found a physics experiment out in the wild.  After scrolling through multiple pages of really cool, really "easy," physics experiments I realize that they are only easy if you have all the necessary parts to build the experiment.  I found that I lacked the resources to build out an experiment at home.

And then my sister came into town from out of state, and we met up for dinner and a drink afterwards.  LOW AND BEHOLD -  I found one of the Little Shop of Physics experiments at the bar.  It is a variation of the mirror wormhole

Using double sided mirrors to create an infinity array of the light bulbs and bricks reflected back upon each other for ever.  It creates the illusion of there being a hole into the center of the earth.  *WOAH*


The physics comes with how the double sided mirrors let some but not all of the light through every time a light particle hits the face of the mirror.  As LSOP explains:

"Every time the light hits a mirror, some of it is transmitted (so you see it) and some of the light is reflected back. The result is that you see multiple reflections, and the string of lights looks like it repeats forever."

In the second photo I tried to capture the corner where you can just see the second mirror placed at the bottom of the light box.

1 comment: