Thursday, June 20, 2019

Much about Non Ado

Found some medicine between my toes 


 I've found a number of moments where I can squeeze in a little time for nothing.  I find it's easiest for me to practice non ado when I am also grounding.  I think it's great that other than making sure my feet are in the dirt I don't have to be actively doing in order to benefit from grounding.

I have also found Che Qian Zi (Before the Cart Seed) at my feet on a number of my respites.  It's really amazing to me to be able to spot the herbs we use in our medicine out in our environment.  It's even the broad leaf variety and not the narrow leaf European variety of the plant.
another day, shoes off
another strain of medicine I think,


06/23 One of my favorite loafing non activities is getting a shower and then sitting down and  putting int the plug and turning it into a bath.  This is what I did this evening.  I oscillated between warm and cool water.  Let my body soak in a number of positions and just let my mind wander where it would.  It felt like the perfect way to wind down from my work week before starting the school week.

06/24 Today I spent time in the garden, I am putting it under the heading of non ado because I didn't plan on spending time the garden and I didn't go into it with a plan.  I just felt like being outside and it seemed a pleasant option.  My garden bead is full of blooming Chamomile and Calendula.  I ended up harvesting many flowers, then decided to prune back the plans from where I harvested to day as well as some other days.  I think this also allowed me to carve out some space for some purple basil that was growing underneath some of the other plants.  I also harvested some savory herbs. I bundled it all up and took it home to dry.  I also took a wandering bike ride home as well.  Just went with the traffic lights, if it was green I went forward and if it was red then I turned right.  It was a very relaxing afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. I love your pictures! Do you feel any differently when you are straddling an herb used for medicine compared with standing on grass or plain dirt?

    ReplyDelete